Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Shakology Recipes



When people first hear about Shakeology they generally get very excited about it, and for good reason considering all that it has to offer, but then that excitement turns to reluctance because of what? Price. "Gee that's stuff is expensive", or "I wish it wasn't so pricy". Really? Are you telling me that for $4 a serving retail and $3 per serving coach price, that it's to expensive?

How many times do you stop in the grocery store line and snag one of those ridiculous gossip rags or worse yet, grab one of those "New Improved Super Sized Snickers" just calling out to you? For many people it's far too often, and to what benefit? Oh, yeah that's right, I forgot Jen and Brad are still in love with each other secretly but Angelina doesn't know because she's too busy having another set of twins...But I digress.

I would invite you to try Shakeology for 30 days. If you're struggling with losing weight, or if you're one of those people who just can't stand to eat veggies no matter how much "stuff" you put on it, or if you're one who has trouble getting things "moving", (you know what I mean). Try it! My guess is you'll quickly get past that "sticker shock" and see Shakeology for what it truly is, "Nutrition Simplified".

Here are some of my favorite Shakeology Recipes: Please send or share your favorites with me as well!

Greenberry:
8oz water, 1 scoop vanilla protein, 5 large strawberries, 1/2 banana, 5 ice cubes
-----
8oz Skim or Soy milk, 1/2 banana, 1/2 cup frozen blueberries, 5 ice cubes
-----
8oz water, 1 scoop vanilla protein, 1/2 cup frozen blueberries, 1/2 banana, 5 ice cubes
-----
8oz water, 2 oz pomegranate juice, 5 ice cubes
-----
4 oz water, 4 oz orange juice, 5 ice cubes
-----

Chocolate

8oz water, 1 scoop vanilla protein, 1/2 banana, 1 Tbsp almond butter, 5 ice cubes
------
8oz water, 1 banana, 5 strawberries, 5 ice cubes
------
8oz water, 1 scoop vanilla protein, 3Tbsp roasted coconut, 5 ice cubes
------

You can replace water with non-fat milk, soy milk or any other liquid, I like it in water then create the mix from there. I add the extra protein and goodies simply because I need the extra calories for a meal replacement or snack however they are both great in water. I like adding the ice cubes as its more of a smoothie. Also, mix in whatever fruits you like, just remember there are calories in all the additions so be sure to add them all up.

Enjoy




Bookmark and Share

No comments: