Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Late night workouts

How many times do you get through your day busy running around or at work or dealing with the kids? Everyday right?! That was my day yesterday, especially busy for some reason I'm not quite sure.

My wife and I got done with work, dinner, getting kids ready for bed and helping them finish off their homework and then finally getting them to bed! Why is that always such a big ordeal?

Anyway, when it was all said and done it was 9PM! I still had an hour plus workout to do and to be honest with you I had very little motivation.

I'm the kind of guy who doesn't blow off a workout, never! I take the mindset to simply give it 15 minutes, "get yourself to your gym, start the warm up and if you're still gassed, bag it." That's what I tell myself every time. Once those juices get going, time doesn't matter, it's game on!

I guess the point is that we all have busy schedules, we can all say, "I don't have the time to workout" but the fact is, you've got the time...do you have the motivation to make it happen?

Last night I did my scheduled P90X Legs & Back workout, started out slow but finished strong and felt great when it was all done....10:30PM! One advantage of working out at home is that you don't have to make that drive to a gym, just drag yourself to your workout area and Press Play!

Give yourself 15 minutes, chances are you'll complete your workout and love yourself for it!

4 comments:

life in a positive direction said...

Absolutely!!! I have loved the switch from the gym to working out at home. What a nice change. Also, once you get started and get through that warm up, it is so game on!!! I truly have been loving p90x. It's so hard and terribly motivating when I can do more and more than the time before. Way to go!!!! When you say round 6, is this your sixth time doing the 90 day plan?

Unknown said...

Yes, I have done 4 complete 90 day cycles of P90X and one round of the P90X+ program. I'm back to the Classic P90X.

John said...

I've been doing more and more later workouts. My motivation has waned a bit as I finish up here and I've found myself starting my workouts later in the day. But, it always feels great to be done.

Unknown said...

Later is always better then NEVER! You've got 24 hours in each day to make your fitness a priority, what are you going to do? I choose to Bring It!