Thursday, February 19, 2009

The achievement of your goal is assured the moment you commit yourself.


"The achievement of your goal is assured the moment you commit yourself".

I found that on the web and thought it was perfect.

On Wednesday I banged out P90X Shoulders & Arms w/ARX. You know after doing the workouts so many times that you kind of get set in the weight you lift and the number of reps you do, right? I'm no different, just push play, do 8-10 reps of the same weight, get a good pump and then done.

I took a different approach Wednesday; I decided I'd go beyond that comfort level and weight I wouldn't normally do. I'm happy to say that I was able to do 60lbs single arm full supination concentration curls for 8 good reps, twice! Big number for me, not a world record but also a number I've never done before.

Don't get complacent with your workouts if you're looking to push past a fitness barrier, do that extra couple reps or go up in weight, see what you can do; you'll be surprised what you can achieve!



Bookmark and Share

No comments: