Wednesday, January 7, 2009

New Years Resolutions

It's been a while since I updated the blog, been cranking away with a hybrid mix of P90X, Tony Horton One on One, and ChaLEAN Extreme workouts. I got a little off schedule with the holiday trips out of town so I'm mixing stuff up. Working out really well however!

Well the holidays are over, we had a great trip to the different family members for Christmas visits. Now the New Year is in full swing, I'm sure many people out there have all taken this time to start a New Years Resolution. Have you?

To be honest with you, I've never done a New Years Resolution. The thought that you can just turn on or off the "change" you seek simply because the date goes from December 31st to January 1st never made much sense to me. If you truly want to make any kind of change in your life, why wait?

However if you have taken the opportunity to make that resolution for a healthy lifestyle change then I urge you to look to places like the Team Beachbody message boards for support and if you're looking for a place to give you the "kick in the pants" type support, vist my coaching thread Team Xtreme Fitness

I am all about keeping it real. We all get up, we have highs and lows with our health and fitness journey, WE ALL DO! It's how we handle these ups and downs that will define you and your success.

No Excuses, no explanations, no reason to go on about why this or that happened. Get over it, move on and don't beat yourself up about it.

Does that sound a bit cold and harsh? Perhaps, however what do you think the result of a personal stumble if we spend lots of time rehashing it, explaining it and making excuses for it? Take personal responsibility for your workouts, your nutrition and your fitness program. Once you do that you'll be amazed at what you can accomplish! I'm not here to judge you, label you or coddle you. I tell this to people all the time, especially my good friends and family who I'm in close contact with everyday, it doesn't matter to me if you've not worked out in a couple weeks, or if you haven't followed a good diet. What matters to me is that you have learned what works for you and what will work for you to maintain whatever goals you look to achieve.

Some people want to be RIPPED! That's great, I happen to be one of those people, but others are just looking to drop some body fat so they can fit into those size (whatever) jeans again. Regardless of what your goal is, remember that it's your goal; you're the one who has to achieve it, maintain it and live with it going forward. Believe me, I know how hard it can be to achieve and maintain a personal goal like getting ripped. I can't tell you how many times I've had someone come up to me and say, "well it's EASY for you because you're fit." EASY? Trust me, this isn't easy! What's easy is being a 43 year old guy and sitting on the couch drinking beer and eating chips and pizza, that’s EASY! One thing this isn't is "EASY". (Okay, rant completed) :D

It's hard work but it's not any harder then dropping a few dress sizes and dealing with 3 kids, work, a husband, etc., like my wife Suzette has done. Her goals were and are much different then mine and I love it! She's figured out what works for her, what she can and can't eat and what workout programs she really likes and works for her, that’s what it's all about and I’m right here to help her maintain her success and to help give her that nudge when she needs it.

How fantastic is that! :D The same goes for everyone else out there who's achieved a fitness goal and been able to maintain it. "It's Simple, Just Not Easy!"

I'll be here to help provide Inspiration, Motivation, & Guidance to anyone who might need it, all you have to do is ask.

Brad's theory for fitness success...Push Play, Eat Clean, Take your Supplements, & Bring It!

No comments: