Monday, January 26, 2009

No Pay Increase this year!

I thought might grab your attention, I received this email from my brother who currently works for a large company and is a Team Beachbody Coach.

===================================

Brad,

Thought I'd share this with you.

I received an email today from my manager. He was commenting on a letter written by our company president stating the there will be no merit increases this year for all salaried employees. Obviously yesterday was an interesting day with various attitudes being displayed by many of my co-workers. Most of the responses were of bitterness and disgust.

Not me, I was happy, because I chose to take charge of my financial future a year ago when I decided to become an Independent Team Beachbody coach. I gave myself a merit increase this year, not having to rely on the whims of upper management of a fortune 500 company to define my value with a “merit” increase has been more liberating then I could have imagined

I couldn’t be happier as my increase was decided a year ago! Thanks Beachbody!

Scott Eickman
Independent Team Beachbody Coach

=====================================

What Scott has simply and easily outlined was that it's a lot easier then you might think to increase your income AND get fit in the process. I asked him what he believed the merit income would have been for those employees who were so upset. That number was about 3.5%, the typical employee would have seen about a $50 weekly increase, $200 a month, and about $2,600 a year!

Doesn't sound like that much does it? I know that Scott will far exceed that annual merit increase by a minimum factor of 6! You do the math!


Bookmark and Share

No comments: