Monday, September 29, 2008

Maximize your time

If you're anything like me you've got a very busy schedule with work and domestic duties, the one thing that can become really easy is the dreaded excuse of, "I can't workout because, (insert lame excuse here.)
I'm not saying there aren't valid reasons for missing a workout, you know things like a death in the family, loss of limb, or bubonic plague. however if you're looking for results with your hard work you have to make time for yourself and prioritize your workouts.



Tonight is a perfect example of maximizing your time. My son has soccer practice twice a week from 6 to 7:30PM, prime dinner hour and or workout time. But since my wife takes our daughter to her soccer practice at the same time, that window of opportunity is closed, or so one might think.
Like "Gunny Highway" would say in the movie "Heartbreak Ridge", "We're marines, we over come, we adapt!" In this case, "We're P90Xers we overcome we adapt!"
So I've taken the same approach, I adapt my workouts to fit my environment and schedule. I take my resistance bands or Power Blocks, power stands, a towel, workout mat, P90X Recovery Drink, and a P90X attitude to the park with me and I do my workouts.
You've got to be a bit of a show off, but as my mother will tell you, I've never been short on bravado. But honestly, getting out in the sun and heat in a park doing Chest & Back will give you that feeling of ultimate accomplishment. You've not only succeeded in completing a great workout but you overcame the challenge of time. Plus you'll find people looking at you're crazy and or ask you what you're doing. And for a Team Beachbody Coach that's what it's all about.
Leading by example and showing others around you that it can be done, no excuses. If you think about it, it's easy to sit on a lawn chair sipping a soda or adult beverage for an hour and a half while your kids play soccer, and it's hard work to "Push Play"!
There's one more thing this does, I'm setting an example for my family that staying fit and healthy is important, even if it looks a little crazy doing, "dive bomber push ups" by the kids play set.

It's Simple, Just Not Easy!

No comments: